Did you wonder how you could log email to Salesforce with the least number of clicks? Say an automatic activity capture solution like Yoxel Sync could not find a matching CRM contact or a relevant opportunity record, an email remained unlogged. That is when you use the ‘Log email’ (‘Log event’) function of your Outlook/Gmail add-on.
Optimizing manual email logging
Consider these steps:
- There is no matching contact or lead for an email in Salesforce yet. You can create a new lead or contact first. Creating a lead is a good option as Yoxel Outlook and Gmail add-ons provide an easy way to convert leads into opportunities later (all logged activities are preserved).
- Now go to the ‘Log email’ menu:
- Gmail users, find the ‘Log email to Salesforce’ option in the native Gmail message menu.
- You can create a new opportunity when logging an email!
- Here is the best part! The addin will try to auto fill the key fields:
- Contacts roles
- Opportunity name (from email subject)
- Description (from email body)
- Hit ‘Save’, and you can complete your email logging
- With 4,5 clicks and without typing anything, you have accomplished the following:
- Created a new opportunity
- Specified contact roles
- Logged the email to the new opportunity.
- The same works for cases!
Install the Yoxel Sync app to start using the Yoxel add-ons!
Reach out to us from this page if you want to learn more.
Graphics designed by vectorjuice / freepik